Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Writer's Block.....

I struggle with the age old problem of writer's block..... every once and again I will sit down with the intention to write something thought provoking and profound and BAM.... nothing.... which led me to a question- Do you think God ever got writer's block? I think he did.... let me preface this by saying that I believe the Bible to be God written... yes other men put pen to paper, but I believe that the words of God flowed from those pens.

I have often wondered why God put the "begets" in the Bible... I mean really what kind of significance doe it have? Last night it struck me...... I think it's because God had writer's block.... I think that he sat down and started with a person and beget down until someone did something monumental... whether that's true or not is not really an issue, but it does make me feel a little better when I get writer's block.... :-)

You know what i find really interesting about the begets though? The fact that God didn't just say and so and so did something monumentally amazing.... he listed everyone who was responsible for bringing that person who did that thing into the world..... it strikes me as I sit here and mull it over that that says something about our responsibility to future generations... do you think that a man woke up one day and said my name will be recorded in history someday for what my great grandson 10 generations from now will do...?? I doubt it.... but maybe we should start....

Who will you beget??

No comments:

Post a Comment